Sustained Health Initiatives of the Philippines (SHIP), Inc. is a non-stock, non-profit organization that offers high-quality, affordable HIV and primary care directly to the communities that need it most.
By providing HIV care, building capacity, and testing innovative approaches, SHIP aims to get more people into treatment, and save lives.
We create sustainable, one-stop-shop community clinics in high impact areas throughout the Philippines.
SHIP’s mission is to bridge gaps in the HIV response by strengthening the continuum of care through innovation, partnerships, and capacity building.
SHIP envisions a holistic approach to health and wellness that enables people in the Philippines to achieve their potential.
- Our philosophy is to simplify. We design our services to be low-cost and high-impact. Innovative and results-driven We want to be on the cutting edge of HIV care, bringing evidence-based best practices to the market as fast as possible. We are open to new ideas, and will serve as an incubator to drive change and innovation.
- Client Driven
- We listen to the people infected and affected by HIV. We draw on the first-hand experiences of our clients and find solutions that meet their needs.
- Inclusive and Ethical
- Stigma and discrimination have no place in our community. Fear and outdated perceptions are the biggest barriers we currently face in combating the HIV epidemic. We continually challenge bias and discrimination where we see it.
- The SHIP clinic(s) are lowcost, fee-for-service facilities. Our programs generate revenues to cover operating costs and day-to-day functions.
- SHIP aims to empower everyone involved in HIV care to take action: patients, physicians, families, and advocates. Our approach can be easily replicated, so long as we have passionate and visionary people driving it forward.
Anthony Decoste, Chairman of the Board
Dr. Kate Leyritana, Medical Director
Cara O’Connor, Executive Director
Lorenzo Lewis, Board Member
Atty. Shelner Songco, Board Member
John Hill, Board Member
Rod Olete, Programs Manager
Hoffman Cureg, Finance Officer
Kris Calica, Project Officer
Ivy Hapitan, Project Officer
Joma Ragragio, Project Officer
JM Bauzon, Project Officer